Be inspired for your next garden project with Adbri Masonry’s range of helpful resources including equipment you will need, easy installation instructions and design idea gallery.
Garden edging blocks are ideal for creating perfect, tidy edges for tree circles, garden walls and separating garden beds from grassy areas. Prevent grass, weeds and invasive plants from overrunning your pavement! View our before and after pictures below:
Achieve tidy garden edges today – Choose Adbri Masonry brick edging products for your next DIY garden project!
Before you start, check you have all the right equipment to create a garden edge in your backyard:
• Garden Gloves
• Rubber Mallet
• Road Base (for levelling Pad)
• Sand (for screeding over leveling pad)
• Safety Glasses
• Spirit Level
• Straight Edge
• String Line
• Small Broom
• Hammer & Bolster (for splitting blocks)
Adbri Masonry products best suited for garden edging projects:
435mm x 200mm x 240mm
(182F,132B)mm x 125mm x 182mm
Wallstone® Grande Premium
300mm x 150mm x 220mm
Natural Impressions Premium
300mm x 100mm x 175mm
To find out more about our garden edging blocks click here.
• Mark out the location of trench. Get it just right by laying a hose or use string to outline the shape of your desired edge. Mark your line with marking paint.
• Use a shovel or spade to excavate the selected area to the nominated leveling pad depth. With your trench depth, allow for your road base, sand screed and about a quarter of your block to be below the level of your grass.
• Remove any rocks, root or debris and compact the base of the trench.
2. PREPARE FOOTINGS/BASE
• Spread road base through trench.
• Compact with a plate compactor (whacker –packer) ensuring the surface is level.
With screeding rails or a level, Screed sand over road base and ensure level both ways with your spirit level.
3. LAYING THE FIRST COURSE
• You can now begin laying the blocks. Set up a string line along the length of the wall to ensure all blocks remain flush and straight.
• Place blocks, check level and tap into place with a rubber mallet until level. Continue laying blocks considering your string line and level.
4. CONTINUE BUILDING THE EDGE
• We are now able to lay the second course (which will be the same for any other course from here on in). Simply stack blocks on top of the ones below using a stretcher bond pattern. Make sure to sweep off any loose material sitting on top of the blocks that may affect the placement of the next course and continue to ensure level.
5. SECURE THE CAPPING UNITS
• Where your block requires a capping unit, make sure that the top of the top block is free of dirt and dust, and then place the capping unit.
• The capping unit will need to be secured with a suitable construction grade adhesive such as Landscape Liquid Nails.
Tip: Where your wall does not require a cap, instead secure the top block to the one underneath with a suitable adhesive.
Get started on your own DIY garden edging project, contact Adbri Masonry and we will provide you with the right products to get you started. Call us today on 1300 365 565!
Add texture, character and definition to your garden beds. Discover ideas for your garden and view our inspiration gallery below:
Have you been inspired? Contact Adbri Masonry today on 1300 365 565 and we will get you started on your next DIY garden edging project, offering professional advice and quality products.